Sunday, January 29, 2012

It’s Valentine’s Day AGAIN!!


Every year, just like clockwork, this day comes around. Valentine’s Day! The procrastinator’s worst nightmare. Your significant other needs to feel validated by your love with presents which prove that you are thinking about them. I have it even twice as hard because my wife has her birthday five days after Valentines Day. This means I have to make sure to think up at least two really thoughtful presents to give her.

I gotta say, this is a holiday which I have brushed off in the past as being pesky and rude. Many women will tell you that it is not even necessary to buy them something. Do NOT fall into this way of thinking guys! Valentine’s day might be difficult to think up something nice, but it does mean something to women whether they want you to know it or not.

After all of my years of struggle, I have learned that you give does not have to be expensive. It does not have to be lavish. It needs to be something which comes from the heart. If at all possible, it should be something which will show them that you listen. Valentine’s day is my way of showing my wife that I am not always forgetful and that I do sometimes listen.

Here is a tip for those guys out there looking for a great Valentine’s Day present. Make sure that in the month leading up to it that you simply go out walking around close to different stores. If she shows an interest in something, log that in your mind. Take a picture with your phone. Do whatever you have to do to remember what it is. You can buy it later and give her a real surprise on the big V-day.

Ladies, please give your man a break! We try hard to be thoughtful and sweet, but it does not always work out that way. Whatever we give you, please just act like you like it in the very least. This way, Valentine’s Day can be a great day for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment