Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sticking to it...

Baby steps might have been a more appropriate name for this blog post. I am keeping up with at least 15 minutes of walking every day. My dog is loving the ability to get out of the house more. I enjoy the fact that there is a lake in my neighborhood that I can walk around. I do not appreciate that my dog will lunge at everything she sees. Anyone want an ill behaved half chow?

While I am getting out each day and walking, I am still not wearing the right shoes. I am wearing my old clogs that I used to wear while I was a chef and now wear while I am bartending. They start out comfortable, but get kind of irritating after a while. I would love to get some good athletic shoes or just be able to unearth my Airwalks from these many boxes in my house that I need to unpack. Hey Asics, Adidas, Nike, New Balance! Anyone! Give me some good shoes to get in shape. My writing salary does not include a shoe budget right now!

I still have yet to hear from anyone out there who has gotten into shape by running or walking. I know that it is possible to get into great shape simply by getting out every day and committing yourself to walking and running. I am not at the point yet where I am ready to run, but I am hoping to get there soon. I doubt I will really start to run until I am able to put on some good running shoes. Heck, I don't want to twist my ankle or damage my feet. (Good excuses, right?)

Oh well, without any corporate support and without any real distinguishable goals, I will keep going out every day and trying to extend my walks to the half hour mark. I know I can do it, but it may mean leaving the dog at home. I am serious by the way for anyone looking to take my Chow-German Shepard mix. I just do not have the lifestyle to support her anymore even though I love her.

I will check in with you all very soon.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for just getting out there! Step by step you will get more fit. Congrats on making that commitment!

    ReplyDelete